Cream Cheese, Smoked Salmon and Cucumber
by Heather Shepherd
For one sandwich:
Two slices of crustless bread.
Butter at room temperature.
1 or 2 slices of smoked salmon.
1 tablespoon of cream cheese.
Black pepper to taste.
Several slices of thin cucumber.
1. Butter a slice of bread.
2. Spread the cream cheese thickly on the other slice of bread.
3. Grind over some black pepper - not too much!
4. Lay a slice of smoked salmon on top, filling in places without any.
5. Lay thinly-sliced cucumber over the salmon.
6. Top with the buttered slice of bread.
7. Gently press down and cut into triangles or fingers with a very sharp knife.
8. Serve as soon as possible or chill up to hour, covered in the fridge.